"Summer afternoon--summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." --Henry James
"A life without love is like a year without summer." --Swedish Proverb
- Taste--afternoon snack of my own homemade blueberry muffins, red grapes and green tea, eaten outdoors on our deck...*sigh*...
- Scent--that deep, fresh "green" scent of summer, all things lush & growing
- Sound--listening to Michael Brant DeMaria's Gaia and Ocean
- Touch--pink, light cotton cardi over my shoulders
- Sight--dreams sparkling still before me... possiblities ahead...
- Intuition--savor the summer days now, play, create time & space for nurturing my spirit
- Delight--peonies, irises and daisies blooming in the garden
- Comfort--new garden shoes a la crocs, aqua blue with pink daisy flowers: pretty & very comfy!
- Making-- more new love flags, malas & jewelry for my Etsy shop coming soon...
- Doing--making plans for summer...day trips, weekend outings, picnics
- Reading--enjoying magazines at the moment, especially Jeanne d'Arc Living, a Danish publication dedicated to Nordic-French style...now in Nowegian-translation edition from this year! They have English on their website, and shop to order pretties from. Also reading magazine treats bought while in the USA last month, Yoga Journal and Sage Woman
- Gratitude--the support of my yoga/meditation practice, which inspires me to be more & do better daily
- Happiness--the seductive days of summer now...
- Love--love to Dear Husband, my family, and to all you good friends!
Summery sunshine is promised for the weekend... so we plan to be out & about and enjoying it! Something I'm going to try this summer during weekends is mini weekend digital sabbaticals--ultra limited or next to no computer/online time. So I may be slow responding to email and/or shop orders/inquiries during the weekends until the week turns during the next month or so. Just means fun is being had, creativity blooming, slow time enjoyed... :o)
What are you plans for the summer or winter, depending on where you are? What's happening with you right now? Tell me about the ordinary... and the extraordinary! Wishing you all a JOY-filled weekend!
P.S. For friends at Flickr, due to trouble accessing photos stored on our now defunct old home pc, I'm slow to updating my page there with newer photos, and here at the blog, and my shop too. I hope to be back at Flickr soon, though.